Categories
3302 Professional 3302 Website

3302 Website

After my multi-task of manufacturing native-masks/researching on animal presence in Contemporary-Arts during Christmas-holiday. I went to design-wing at the beginning of term 2 to login on WIX development, involves in building my own website to review on my journey at DMU of what I had developed over 2 years of Fine-Art studying. It’s tricky to get to know this new software but adapted with it and write-typing my influence on “Mixed-Media of cultural-arts” used in my primary methods in year 3 sculpture.

Once logged-on I started to review my motives of manufacturing handmade resources in workshops to build large scale figures focused on hybrids originated from various regions from ancient Greece to Japan most likely a case of mixed-animals/monsters were a primary inspirations of Pokémon and monsterverse themes in childhood arts.

• Sorted them in order to record my DMU journey from year 2 to 3
  • Viewing on what I have created over these hours of developing my modeling techniques in mix-media plaster
  • Used to manipulate studio space into a theatre atmosphere

Retraced my steps of following a creative path, hobbies of shaping with blu-tac almost if I’m carving little figures from various films like examining onto different genres used in their categories like Sci-Fi James Cameron’s Avatar. My decision of choosing hybrid-arts because I’m really admire their mixed DNA making them very unique/special and gathered their textures throughout my imagined world of arts.

• Recorded my steps into Fine-Art
  • Studied through hardships of creativity to achieve my goal of an artist
  • Practiced my taste into sculpture and doing mixed-media modeling for real at DMU sculpturing
  • Added my past educations of getting me for far to new heights
  • These are my previous year project of “Doodle-Hybrids”
  • Carved from reused-foam to manipulate mixed-bodies as old objects and fused them with monster parts like Mary-Shelly’s Frankenstein
  • Engaged in doodle-painting used by acrylics
  • Gave each one an open space and with an added normal studio-lighting effect

Moving to my these next menu sites, were to organize my collection of hybrids used in my mix-media methods of what I’ve been developing in plaster blended in doodle painting in term 1’s project “Elemental-Beasts”. Then I did a new breed of hybrids only on daylight’s counterpart of night-time where “Nocturnal-Beasts” are active around the chilling atmosphere which spiritual beings roam my spooky forest like ghosts to extend this towards the degree-show.

• New adjustments like sound audio as if animals are communicating with one another/hunting, forest-noises and haunting-soundwaves

My WIX website:

https://danielhayton94.wixsite.com/cultural-mix-media-o

By p2534372

I have always been interested in various forms of art, even from a young age. I developed my interest early on through sculpting with Blu Tack when I was eleven years old and would model figurines from films and TV programs. I had a specific interest in modelling the army of soldiers from the Lord of the Rings using Blu Tack and toothpicks for the armory and weapons. And from the film Avatar, creating Na'vi people using toothpick to create the texture and ripple effect bodies and tones.

It was in my second year at college when I decided to switch from IT & Media to Art & Design, leaving South Leicestershire College to start the B-Tech Enhanced Diploma at North Warwickshire and Hinckley College. I was granted to enter at Level 2 and worked hard to achieve two distinctions in my first year. The switch was the best decision I had made that year and it set my focus to select Fine Art at university. The only university I selected and wanted to study at was DMU, a dream come true!